Sunday, 4 January 2009

Learning Journal

To make the environment better for learning

Environment plays important role in everything and any situation including learning. Positive environments bring better learning. For our physical if we are in good condition and healthy body, we can participate in any activities and we can be active. Example myself, I’ not too small and I’m not too fat, I’m medium size and not to heavy. With my body, I can do many things. When I do sports or playing netball, I could run and jump. While the implementation of our project, I have no problem to be active during work. I always involve in all activities because of good physical. I can go hiking, carry heavy things and I can do many activities.

In social, if our peer group has good attitude, we could influence by our peer group and from our peer group, we can learn something such as while we are talking about life and work. It is same as from our family, if our parents always trying to help and support us about good things and which bring good benefits for us, so we could have positive learning from our parents. It will bring good impact. Better environment is important for learner and learner needs support from their environment for better learning. Same goes to a place for learner, learner should have better place or comfortable place for learning.

How do you meet the needs of different learners?
When we want to meet the needs of different learners, what we should do is to understand the learners, observe them, and interviews them. In addition, during our projects, we have evaluation form, so from there we know what they need during the projects. During project, I always observed and ask the youth what they need during project. I will ask them everyday so I know what they need. I try to help them to fulfill their needs with which is relevant during the projects. I also try to negotiate with them if there’s something shouldn’t be happen.

To create better relationship with learners so that they can learn better.

We should have positive attitude and mind when we are dealing with our learner especially youth. The first time we meet the learner we should give them smiling face so they won’t afraid to meet us. We also must prepare and accept on whatever will happen during their learning. The most important is negotiation and cooperation with the learners. We also should understand them on how they want to learn and what do they need. We must know how to create jokes for the learner while teaching them so from the jokes they could easily remember what we are trying to teach them. We also should make them as friend so when we have close relationship with the learner, it is easy for us to deal and work with them. When we are dealing with the learners, we should support and help them if they have problem but we can’t push them. We can advice them in proper way and always say good things to them. In hence, give them good compliment to make them more interested to learn. It is good for them which if we have better relationships, so the learner can learn better.

No comments: